Wednesday 15 September 2010

Mummy, I'm a working girl now


Theres something quite magical about children. They are so naive, so accepting and so.. simple. Easy to get along with and frankly, more interesting than most adults I have met. Which is why the last two weeks of my life, I have found utter bliss.
I have been working at a Primary school in my small town, the very primary school I went to in fact. I have loved every minute of it, and really don't want to return to normality next Monday. After two weeks of playtime and colouring, GCSE maths is looking worse than it ever has. 
Am I wrong to say that a child may actually be better company than anybody else? When upset, who better to turn to than a child, whose smiling face could cheer up even the worst of people. Isn't there something amazing about a young person who you barely even know offering their hand to you beaming.
I have found these past two weeks truly amazing and when I return to the bleak corridors of secondary school, I know I will miss the smiling faces of my new found friends.

This is the outfit I wore today.

2 comments:

  1. Children always know how to amaze you. Their sheer innocence really has a different effect especially when you've grown up already and have had to face very serious questions. I'm happy you are surrounded by them to remind you of the little things. I hope you don't forget what they have imparted to you.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, by the way. :P

    sPam of frou-frou

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! x

LinkWithin