Thursday 22 July 2010

I stumbled across this in Brighton..

I do love the Brighton lanes. Everything is so strange, beautiful and unique. There's always a buzz of excitement as you walk round the small shops and try to dig out that one of a kind piece. Once you've found it and paid for it, you have the brilliant satisfaction of knowing that nobody else has that item of clothing. You feel special and unique.

A few weeks ago, I visited Brighton, and my attention was drawn towards a small shop. Nothing stood in the middle of the room but beautiful dresses hung all over the walls.

That is where I found this beautiful dress. It is had a white cotton top and and a gold elastic waistband just under the bust. The bottom of the dress is made of layers of gold netting, which is ruched at the bottom using a thing string of metal.

It was stunning, and only £10 so of course I had to buy it!

After visiting Brighton Lanes I have withdrawn my support of high street shops (accept urban outfitters of course). I have moved on to a better place now. A place filled with Charity shops, Car boot sales, granny wardrobes and one of a kind dresses.


This weekend I purchased a lovely netting material from the car boot sale, which I can only assume used to be the curtains in an old ladies bedroom. I have a simple skirt pattern and this weekend I am going to attempt to make my first ever skirt! I just need to buy some elastic from the market for the waistband. I will put up the pictures (providing all goes well) next week some time.

Have a good weekend everyone x

7 comments:

  1. Lauren~ I am so embarrased! I left a comment on one of the blogs you follow thinking it was you. Oh what a mess!

    Anyways, I just wanted to thank you for visiting us at the Santos Times. I do love that dress you found...only I would add several inches for my own taste. (smiles) It's hard to find clothes in such a feminine and soothing color. Good luck on making your skirt. I am just now learning to sew and it is exciting and fun.

    God bless you good today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really really love that dress!!

    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs Santos: Haha, I hope things didn't get to confusing :) keep on looking and you will find the perfect dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave your blog an award for a blog with substance, check it out here
    http://aglamorouswayofthinking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah, thankyou for the award hunn! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am stunned by that dress. It is so perfect in color and style. Is it actually wearable or just for display?

    Goodluck with the skirt project!

    Bea from A plus B

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, I love it! I wear it all the time, i couldn't keep something that stunning just for display :) c

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! x

LinkWithin