Tuesday 25 January 2011

3,096 Days

Wow, my blog has been overly neglected lately! I've been studying and been very busy, but I thought I should do a post before I lose all my lovely followers! I don't have time to take any pictures at the moment but I promise some will follow soon! This Friday my Best Friend and I are planning a photography session in the garages by her house.

Anyway. Back to today's post! One of the presents I received in my stocking for Christmas this year was the biography of Natascha Kampusch. The strong willed girl who was abducted on her way to school on the 2nd of March 1998, aged just 10. When she emerged from captivity in 2006, having endured one of the longest abductions in recent history, her childhood had gone.

Her story has touched me greatly. She survived 8 years living in captivity, on the brink of starvation, with no contact with any other humans other than her captor, Wolfgang Priklopil, and she survived it. I look at all my 'problems' and the problems of those around me and I see that its nothing. Nothing in contrast to what this amazing girl went through!

So basically, the moral of the story is no matter how bad you think it is, it could always be worse! Keep your head up, pull yourself through it. Because at the end of the day there's always something or someone there worth smiling about!

I definitely recommend reading it! Its not a book I will forget for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. it sounds like a disturbing book but with a great moral. I might check this one out

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! x

LinkWithin